The Citizens Information Board aims to enhance accessibility of information, advice and advocacy services with particular reference to vulnerable groups and those most in need. Vulnerable groups in society are often most in need of social and civil services but may have great difficulty in accessing them. Identifying barriers to access and putting initiatives in place to combat them is central to the work of the Citizens Information Board.
We aim to support the provision and delivery of customer-focused information in a variety of accessible ways and formats. This means we provide information online, by telephone, in print and face-to-face through our network of Citizen Information Centres.
In recent years, we have been involved in the development of some additional resources and made some commitments to enhance the accessibility of the services we provide.
- Our publications are in accessible formats
- We provide accessible information online
- Online Live Advisor service from the Citizens Information Phone Service
- Live Text, SMS and videophone service
- Sign Language Interpreting Service