The Citizens Information Board supports the delivery of information through three channels: online, telephone and face-to-face. CIB is also responsible for the provision of the Money Advice and Budgeting Service.
The public can access integrated information directly through the Citizens Information website. The Citizens Information Phone Service (CIPS) provides a telephone service and the nationwide network of Citizens Information Services (CISs) provides the face-to-face service through Citizens Information Centres.
In this section CIPS, the CISs and MABS are referred to as 'service delivery partners'. These channels are key to ensuring that the public have access to information, advice and advocacy services.
To carry out its functions, the Citizens Information Board has the following service teams:
- Finance and Administration
- HR and Governance
- ICT and Project Management Office
- Information Resources
- Service Delivery
- Social Policy and Research
The Advocacy team is responsible for the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities and the development of advocacy in Citizens Information Services including the Advocacy Support Worker Programme.
Finance and Administration team
The Finance and Administration team is responsible for CIB finance matters and procedures.
HR and Governance team
- CIB Human Resources (HR)
- CIB governance
- Supporting service delivery partner governance
- Supporting service delivery partner HR
- CIB and delivery partner premises management
- Health and Safety
- Freedom of Information
- Data Protection
- Access to Information on the Environment Officer
- Customer complaints
ICT and Project Management Office
The ICT team and the Project Management Office are responsible for the CIB's Information Technology (hardware, software, telephony and helpdesk services).
Information Resources team
This team has published a House Style Guide.doc .pdf and separately, a Writing for www.citizensinformation.ie guide. These publications outline our standards for grammar, punctuation and language use, including guidelines that ensure the accuracy, verification and accessibility of our content.
The Quality team is responsible for ensuring that our service users receive consistently high quality services that meet their individual needs and requirements. Responsibilities include:
- The design and implementation of an agreed system of Quality Assurance for the CIB network of services.
- Developing a better understanding of our customer needs and our clients' experiences.
- Providing support to the delivery partners in the implementation of continuous improvement in the quality of service delivered to users.
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery team, supporting the development of linkages between Delivery partners locally and regionally in order to encourage the sharing of expertise, information and resources at a local level in order to meet quality service standards.
Service Delivery team
The Service Delivery team is responsible for the effective and efficient use of resources to deliver high quality services to our customers. Responsibilities include:
- To oversee the development, delivery and co-ordination of service delivery across CIB service delivery partners.
- To support the development and operations of services to meet client needs and manage service demand.
- To collaborate, where appropriate, with relevant statutory, community and voluntary organisations and other bodies.
Social Policy and Research team
The Social Policy and Research team is responsible for developing the CIB's social policy feedback role and undertaking related research on models of information, advice and advocacy provision. The team collects and analyses information and data on social policy matters from service delivery partners, develops information on the effectiveness of current social policy and services, highlights issues that are of concern to users of those services to policy makers, develops social policy feedback and prepares evidence based reports and submissions in this area.
The Training Team is responsible for the design and delivery of training to all who work in the CIB delivery partner network to the standard required to provide quality services. The Training Team provides training services nationwide to Citizens Information Services, the Citizens Information Phone Service and other voluntary and statutory bodies through training courses delivered face-to-face and in eLearning format. It also provides training supports to CIS and MABS Boards as well as training resources for use by our delivery partners at local level.