Citizens Information Services provide free, confidential and impartial information, advice and advocacy services to the public on social services, rights and entitlements. South Munster Citizens Information Service is currently seeking to recruit:
2x Information Officers
Specified Purpose, Part Time
Key tasks for the post include the direct delivery of information, advice, advocacy and referral services, and liaison with other service providers, both statutory and voluntary.
Excellent communication skills, a good level of research and IT skills, and a Leaving Certificate and/or equivalent of education are required. Ideally, applicants will also hold a higher-level qualification in relevant field of study, (e.g. social policy, human rights, social work/social care practice, legal qualification etc.), and / or substantial previous work experience in a busy information/advice/advocacy environment.
- Temporary Position: These positions are temporary and subject to a probationary period.
- Full Time Salary: €29,821 - €42,658 per annum (inclusive of two Long Service Increments (LSI), see candidate pack for further information).
- Nature & Location(s): Both positions require cover for a specified purpose. There is a part time Information Officer role, covering maternity leave, initially based in its Bantry office and based then in its Macroom office from January 2022. There is also a part time Information Officer role, on a specified purpose basis covering a permanent post holder, based in its Bantry office.
- Incremental Credit Assessment: CIS operates an incremental credit process for new entrants to the CIS network at request. For further information please see the candidate pack.
- Panel of Qualified Candidates: A panel of qualified candidates may be formed from which temporary, part-time IO posts which arise in a specified period, up to a maximum of 12 months, will be filled. Posts will be located within the South Munster region.
An Application Form must be completed in full (late applications and CVs not accepted). The application process is outlined in the Candidate Pack which is downloadable below:
Closing date is 12.00pm (noon) on Friday 15 October 2021
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board
CIS is an equal opportunities employer