The Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) is a national, free, confidential and independent service, providing advice and support to people in debt or in danger of getting into debt. Each MABS company is rooted within the communities they serve and staff work with clients to enable them to cope with immediate debt problems and assist clients with identifying appropriate solutions and advocate with creditors on their behalf. North Dublin MABS is seeking a:
Money Adviser x2
Full Time (35 Hours per Week), North Dublin MABS
North Dublin MABS has a vacancy for two temporary Full Time Money Advisers. The Money Adviser will provide a free, independent, confidential money advice service to facilitate clients to deal with debt problems and to become financially independent in the long term. Money Advisers also provide debt prevention education to the target group.
- Temporary Post: These posts are temporary (until 31st December 2023), full-time positions subject to completion of a six month probationary period.
- Full Time Salary Scale: €36,906 - €53,164 (including 2 long service increments), pro-rata for part time staff.
- Incremental Credit: It is expected, that all new entrants to MABS will be appointed at point one of the salary scale. However, MABS operates an incremental credit process for appointments higher than point one. This process is applicable to new entrants into MABS. Incremental credit criteria, based on the competencies for the role, are assessed against employment history as laid out in the application form only. A request for incremental credit from a successful candidate must be made within the first 3 months of employment. The decision on whether or not to award an incremental credit is a decision made by the Board and is subject to the availability of funding.
- A panel may be formed of qualified candidates from which temporary, part-time and full time Money Adviser posts which arise within the next twelve months will be filled should vacancies arise in this period. Posts will be located in the North Dublin area.
- Application Process: These details and the application process are outlined in the candidate pack.
- Closing date: 5.00 pm on Friday 10 February 2023. CVs and late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that MABS has established a normal retirement age in line with the State Pension (currently 66).
A detailed job description and application form together with further information on MABS can be accessed at: www.mabs.ie
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available here:
MABS is an equal opportunities employer.
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board