The Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) is a national, free, confidential and independent service, providing advice and support to people in debt or in danger of getting into debt. Each MABS company is rooted within the communities they serve and staff work with clients to enable them to cope with immediate debt problems and assist clients with identifying appropriate solutions and advocate with creditors on their behalf. South Munster MABS is seeking a:
Part Time (17.5 Hours per Week), South Munster MABS, Cork City Office
South Munster MABS has a vacancy for a permanent Part Time Money Adviser. The Money Adviser will provide a free, independent, confidential money advice service to facilitate clients to deal with debt problems and to become financially independent in the long term. Money Advisers also provide debt prevention education to the target group.
- Permanent Post: This is a permanent position subject to completion of a six month probationary period.
- Full Time Salary Scale: €35,832 to €51,616 (including 2 long service increments), pro-rata for part time staff.
- Incremental Credit: It is expected, that all new entrants to South Munster MABS will be appointed at point one of the salary scale. However,South Munster MABS operates an incremental credit process for appointments higher than point one. This process is applicable to new entrants into MABS. Incremental credit criteria, based on the competencies for the role, are assessed against employment history as laid out in the application form only. A request for incremental credit from a successful candidate must be made within the first 3 months of employment. The decision on whether or not to award an incremental credit is a decision made by the Board and is subject to the availability of funding.
- Panel: A panel may be formed of qualified candidates from which temporary and permanent, part-time Money Adviser posts which arise within the next twelve months will be filled should vacancies arise in this period. Posts will be located in the Cork area.
- Application Process: These details and the application process are outlined in the candidate pack.
- Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday 8th February 2023. CVs and late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Please note that MABS has established a normal retirement age in line with the State Pension (currently 66).
A detailed job description and application form together with further information on MABS can be accessed at: www.mabs.ie
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available here:
MABS is an equal opportunities employer.
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board