1 x Part-Time, Temporary Position located in Cork City Centre
South Munster Citizens Information Service is currently seeking to recruit a temporary part-time Information Officer for its Cork City Centres for a specified purpose
Key tasks for the post include the direct delivery of information, advice, advocacy and referral services, and liaison with other service providers, both statutory and voluntary.
Excellent communication skills, a good level of research and IT skills, and a Leaving Certificate and/or equivalent of education are required. Ideally, applicants will also hold a higher-level qualification in relevant field of study, (e.g. social policy, human rights, social work/social care practice, legal qualification etc.), and / or substantial previous work experience in a busy information/advice/advocacy environment.
- Temporary Post: This is a temporary position, subject to completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Salary scale:€29,821 - €45, 498 (including LSIs) (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Incremental Credit: It is expected, that all new entrants to CIS will be appointed at point one of the salary scale. However, South Munster CIS operates an incremental credit process for appointments higher than point one. This process is applicable to new entrants into CIS. Incremental credit criteria, based on the competencies for the role, are assessed against employment history as laid out in the application form only. A request for incremental credit from a successful candidate must be made within the first 3 months of employment. The decision on whether or not to award an incremental credit is a decision made by the Board and is subject to the availability of funding.
- This position is subject to funding.
Applications must be made on the relevant application form and sent to:
- Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 30th November 2022 (late applications will not be accepted).
A detailed job description and application form together with further information on CIS can be accessed at:
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available at:
South Munster Citizens Information Service is an equal opportunities employer