Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI) Administrator
Full time, Temporary
Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI) is currently seeking to recruit a full time, temporary Administrator based in offices in Dublin until the 31 December 2023.
RISLI has been established for the purpose of maintaining the Register of Irish Sign Language Interpreters (RISLI), a voluntary, national, professional register. RISLI aims to:
- Establish and maintain a standards-based registration system for Irish Sign Language Interpreters to ensure protection primarily for the Deaf community and service providers
- Set the standards for the provision of Irish Sign Language interpreting that all public bodies require.
- Support public bodies through access to a public register of interpreters.
- Support professional Irish Sign Language interpreters to meet and maintain standards.
- Promote social inclusion of Irish Sign Language users by supporting the use of registered interpreters including access to public bodies.
The role involves the administration of RISLI including general office management, responsibility for secretarial support, administration, maintaining the company social media and website, promotion of RISLI, arranging meetings and events, taking minutes and providing clerical support to the RISLI manager.
The role requires excellent communication and administrative skills. Candidates are required to have a minimum of two years relevant experience in a similar environment. The role requires competency in Irish Sign Language and/or knowledge or experience of working with the Deaf community.
Reports to: RISLI Manager
- This is a full-time temporary position, subject to completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- The position will be remote working initially while a Dublin office location is established. There is potential to continue to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
- Salary scale: €24,407 - €35,858 (including 2 Long Service Increments (LSI).
- Incremental Credit: RISLI operates an incremental credit process. For further information please see the candidate pack.
Applications must be made on the relevant application form and sent to:
(Clearly marked “Application for RISLI Administrator Position”)
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 2 September 2022(Late applications will not be accepted)
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available at:
RISLI is an equal opportunities employer