Application: Online booking is available by clicking on the relevant course.
Complete the online application process.
All courses have a closing date and application for the courses must be received by the closing date. In applying for a specific course the applicant should:
- Read the course information so that applications meet with the level (see below) of training appropriate to the applicant. The course details will make any prerequisites for attendance very clear
- Check the relevant closing date
- Ensure the application process is completed fully
- Check the course date(s) and time to ensure that you will be able to attend the full course and confirm the date(s) of course(s) you have applied for in your diary.
Course Level Explained
|Level 1||Courses at Level 1 are suited to personnel who have completed a comprehensive induction training programme and have some experience of giving information to the public.|
|Level 2||Courses at Level 2 are for Information Providers who have completed the Essential Training for Information Providers (ETIP) Programme or its predecessor the Information Providers Programme (IPP) and/or have at least one year’s experience of operating independently in a CIS providing information, advice and assistance to the public.|
|Level 3||Courses at Level 3 are advanced courses for experienced Information Providers who have Year 1 of the Information, Advice and Advocacy Practice (IAAP) or Information, Provision and Advocacy Practice (IPAP) and for those who have a solid knowledge of the course subject matter on offer and wish to enhance and deepen that knowledge.|
|Citizens Information Board / Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS)||No Fee|
|1 day course (including lunch)||€100.00|
|2 day course (including lunches)||€200.00|
|Half Day course||€50.00|
CIB will invoice the course participant's organisation. Do not enclose a cheque with your application.
When applications are received there will be a selection procedure to ensure the best match of participant to course.
Criteria for selection will include:
- Level of experience of applicant as appropriate to level of course
- The applicant's role in the organisation as relevant to the course topic
- Applicant's expectations, based on information supplied in the application form, related to the course content as described
- Sufficient previous training in this area
- Whether applicant has fully filled in the course application form, and has it approved and signed by the appropriate person in the organisation.
Other factors that will be taken into consideration include the geographic location of the course, number of applications from the one organisation, and the total number of bookings for the course.
All applications will be acknowledged. Applicants will be notified immediately after the closing date, as to whether or not they have a place on the course applied for.
Given the demand for places on courses, with numbers on waiting lists, we appreciate people letting us know if they cannot attend as soon as possible please in order to reallocate the place.