Advocacy Support Worker, Permanent, Full Time, Offaly
Providing free, confidential and impartial information, advice and advocacy services to the public on social services, rights and entitlements.
South Leinster Citizens Information Service is seeking to recruit an:
Advocacy Support Worker
Permanent, Full Time (35 Hours per Week)
Key responsibilities of the Advocacy Support Worker (ASW):
- To enhance the capacity of Citizens Information Services in their region to deliver advocacy as part of an integrated information, advice and advocacy service.
- To coach and mentor CIS personnel both remotely and on site, in the processes and skills of high quality advocacy case work, i.e. representation, preparation for third party hearings/appeals, interview skills, case recording, negotiation and presentation skills.
Some key candidate requirements are:
- Knowledge and experience of advocacy casework
- Operation of case management and record keeping systems
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and supporting staff
(Please see the information pack for job description and person specification)
The ASW will be required to travel throughout the region therefore access to the use of a car is a requirement for the post. For further information on the designated areas for each ASW, please see the information pack.
- Salary: €42,658 - €48,334 per annum
- Incremental Credit Assessment: CIS operates an incremental credit process for new entrants to the CIS network at request. For further information please see the candidate pack.
Panel of Qualified Candidates
A panel of qualified candidates may be formed from which temporary and permanent, full and part-time ASW posts, which arise in a specified period up to a maximum of 12 months, will be filled, should vacancies arise in this period. Posts will be located in the South Leinster Citizens Information Service region.
Applications must be typed and made on the relevant application form and four (4) copies posted (marked confidential) to:Regional Manager,
South Leinster Citizens Information Service,
The Bridge Cerntre,
Closing date is 4.00pm on Friday, 22nd November 2019
Curriculum Vitae (CVs), late, incomplete or hand-written applications will not be considered. Applicants will be shortlisted solely on the basis of information contained in their completed application form.
Informal queries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information on the application process is in the Candidate Pack.
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board
CIS is an equal opportunities employer