Citizens Information Services provide free, confidential and impartial information, advice and advocacy services to the public on social services, rights and entitlements.
The Citizens Information Services (CIS) are currently seeking to recruit for :
2 Advocacy Support Workers
Permanent, Full Time (35 Hours per Week)
Dublin South & North Munster Regions
(download the locations document below for base locations)
Key responsibilities of the Advocacy Support Worker (ASW):
- To enhance the capacity of Citizens Information Services in their region to deliver advocacy as part of an integrated information, advice and advocacy service.
- To coach and mentor CIS personnel both remotely and on site, in the processes and skills of high quality advocacy case work, i.e. representation, preparation for third party hearings/appeals, interview skills, case recording, negotiation and presentation skills.
Some key candidate requirements are:
- Knowledge and experience of advocacy casework
- Operation of case management and record keeping systems
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and supporting staff
The ASW will be required to travel throughout the region therefore access to the use of a car is a requirement for the post. For further information on the designated areas for each ASW, please see the page 3 in the candidate pack.
- Posts: These are permanent roles, subject to completion of a 6 month probationary period
- Salary scale: €42,658 - €48,334 (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Incremental Credit: CIS operates an incremental credit process for new entrants to the CIS network at request. For further information please see the candidate pack.
Applications must be made on the relevant application form and sent to:
Please also use the above email address for queries on the application process.
Curriculum Vitae (CVs), late, incomplete or hand-written applications will not be considered. Applicants will be shortlisted solely on the basis of information contained in their completed application form.
The closing date for applications is 12pm (noon) on Thursday, 26th of September.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place before end October 2019.
Panel of Qualified Candidates
A panel of qualified candidates may be formed from which temporary and permanent, part-time Administrator posts which arise in a specified period up to a maximum of 12 months will be filled, should vacancies arise in this period. Posts will be located in the CIS region applied for.
Download the Application Form (docx) Please specify location(s) when applying using this form
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available at: http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie/en/data_protection/cis.html
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board
CIS is an equal opportunities employer