Vacancy: Advocacy Support Worker - Specified purpose Full Time (Maternity Leave Cover) - Citizens Information Service - North Leinster
North Leinster Citizens Information Service are seeking to recruit an Advocacy Support Worker on a specified purpose full time contract (maternity leave cover).
Advocacy Support Worker
Citizens Information Services provide free, confidential and impartial information, advice and advocacy services to the public on social services, rights and entitlements.
Key tasks for this post include
- supporting the provision of advocacy in Citizens Information Services within a region in adherence to standardised policies, practice and quality standards
- enhancing the capacity of Citizens Information Services in a region to deliver mainstream advocacy as part of an integrated information, advice and advocacy service to the general public and particularly to people with disabilities
- supporting CISs’ collaboration with the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities based in the region and to ensure seamless access for people with disabilities to CISs and to and from the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally candidates should have a relevant third level qualification.
- Applicants should have a knowledge in one or more of the following areas: social sciences, humanities, law, training and development.
- This is a full-time position - 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
- North Leinster Citizens Information Service CLG provides Advocacy Support Services across three regions and the successful candidate will be primarily located in one of our offices in Meath, Longford or Westmeath (to be agreed with the successful candidate). Regular travel will be required between each centre.
- A panel may be formed of qualified candidates from which temporary, part-time and full time Advocacy Support Worker posts which arise within the next twelve months will be filled should vacancies arise in this period. Posts will be located in the North Leinster CIS region.
- It is anticipated that the successful candidate will commence the role on Monday 10th December 2018.
The Advocacy Support Workers salary scale is currently €42,658 - €48,334 per annum.
It is anticipated that new entrants to the Citizen Information Service will be appointed on the 1st point of the scale.
Incremental credit should it be awarded will be assessed on the basis of the information contained in the application form and cover letter at the time of submission for the post.
Applications must be submitted on the relevant application form and four copies should be sent, along with four copies of your covering letter to:
Noel O’Connor, Regional Manager, North Leinster Citizens Information Service, Floor 2, 1 Cannon Row, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 XR8Y.
Only hard-copy applications will be accepted.
Curriculum Vitae (CV), late, incomplete or emailed applications will not be considered.
Applicants will be shortlisted solely on the basis of information contained in their completed application form and cover letter.
Closing Date for receipt of application forms and cover letters is 17:00 on Friday 26th October 2018
For details on how your personal data will be used as part of this process our Data Protection Notice for Job Applicants is available at:
North Leinster Citizens Information Service is an equal opportunities employer.
Funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board.